Saturday, October 25, 2014

Portobello Mushroom Cap Pizzas

This whole thing started when I saw a post from one of my friends of the mushroom cap pizzas that they made. I am definitely a mushroom lovers so this was something I just had to try. After visiting my local grocery store TWICE, they finally had the BIG portobello mushroom caps I was looking for. I chose to make these on a night when I knew my husband wasn't going to be home since mushroom cap pizzas probably wouldn't be his cup of tea. The kiddos got some baked chicken and apple slices for dinner so I was FREE to pick something that I wanted! How awesome is that?! If your a mom/dad/care giver you totally understand what I'm talking about ;)
Anyways these are super easy to make and are pretty tasty because the pizza sauce has a very bold herb flavor.  As with any pizza these are so versatile. You could really add whatever you wanted for toppings! I just did a simple cheese and spinach one!
If you like this recipe, feel free to share, like and/or comment!
Ingredients:
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 T homemade pizza sauce << check out my recipe :)
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
--Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
--Take the gills and stems out of the mushroom caps. If you use a spoon to scrap the inside of the mushroom the gills come out very easy!
--Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet top down. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over each mushroom cap and place in oven for 10 minutes.
--After the ten minutes is up, take out the mushroom caps and soak up the water left inside the mushroom with a paper towel.
-- Assemble your pizza by first putting the sauce (1T per cap or to your liking). Next place a layer of spinach leaves. I like to add quite a few as they cook down. To finish off the pizza add a layer of cheese. You can put this on as heavy or light to suit your tastes.
--Place mushroom pizzas back into the oven for 10 additional minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
ENJOY!!!
                


No comments :

Post a Comment